How to Save Money When Visiting the Mouse!


 

Let's start a weekly subject of saving money at Disney!  I know visiting that mouse can be more costly than some other vacations, BUT some of the BEST memories ever are made at Disney!  Even as an actual adult (because let's be honest, we don't always feel like adults) some of my favorite vacation memories have been at Disney and I always look forward to our trips!

My NUMBER ONE place to save money is on food.  The Disney dining plan is not available at this time, so you can't budget an exact amount ahead of time and know everyone's needs will be met.  We all have to eat so this is a part of the budget you can't skip. 

Here are my favorite tips and tricks to saving on food.  We will call today's entry  number one part a...

This works if you fly, drive, swim, or take a train to Disney and doesn't matter where you are staying!  

I order Walmart+ delivery to our resort on the day we arrive.  You can even order it ahead for future delivery.  I've ordered from the airport before for other trips and I just love it!  

I get all kinds of foods, snacks, drinks, and especially my coffee creamer delivered right to us.  I will have things for breakfast to be eaten in the room as we get ready, snacks and drinks to take into the park, and food to have in the room at the end of the day.  This is especially wonderful if you have a picky eater.

There are some rules (and these apply to all of their parks)...

  • Size restrictions on coolers (also applies to all bags)
  • No ice (discussed above)
  • No plastic straws (I take reusable ones and no one has ever said anything)
  • No glass containers
  • Nothing to be reheated

ALSO!  If you don't want to carry around a cooler bag, fine.  Just toss a few snacks and drinks into everyone's bags.  I even make sandwiches.  FYI, If you mix the peanut butter and jelly together, it doesn't make the bread soggy.  The other option is to rent a locker for the day and stash your lunch bag in there.  Small lockers are $10/day and large lockers are $12/day.  While you may think this is expensive, you would spend way more than that each day on food if you only ate in the parks. 

I will keep adding to this list so keep checking back!  Also, below I am including the links directly to the WDW site at the bottom where you can confirm this information for yourself and will keep us all up to date if anything changes.

Outside Food & Drinks

Property Rules (prohibited items)

Locker Rentals


Comments

Popular Posts